What We Believe
- THE BIBLE - The whole Bible is the Word of God and is inspired of God. It is inerrant in the original documents, and the only rule of authority in all matters of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- THE GODHEAD - There is one living and true God, eternally existing in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each equal in person and deserving obedience (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- JESUS CHRIST - The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He is born of a virgin, sinless and perfect. He died as the substitute for the entire human race as a sin-bearer, was buried, rose bodily from the grave and ascended to the Father's right hand, where He ministers as our Great High Priest. He will come again to rapture His Church and subsequently return to reign on the earth ( John. 1:1, John1:14; Romans 3:24-25; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Romans 8:3).
- THE HOLY SPIRIT - The Holy Spirit is fully God. He regenerates, indwells, baptizes and seals all true believers in Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit enables believers to live godly and serve faithfully. (John. 16:8; Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 8:9; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 5:18-20).
- MAN - Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful in both nature and practice. Apart from God's salvation man is lost eternally. Sin is a violation of God's Law or disobedience of the revealed will of God. The penalty of sin is death. (Genesis 2:16-17, Genesis 3:1-19; Romans 3:23 and 6:23; Romans 5:12).
- SALVATION - Salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and entirely apart from law keeping or good works. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ. Repenting of their sins and believing on the atoning work of Christ saves sinners. Every person who truly believes on Christ and rests on His finished work as the only righteous ground on which a Holy God can forgive his sins is saved. (Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5, Hebrews 9:22, Romans 10:9-10). God loves all mankind (John 3:16, 1 John 2:2), Jesus Christ died for all (2 Corinthians 5:14-15), and God desires all to be saved (2 Peter 3:9).
- ETERNAL SECURITY - Every true believer possesses eternal life. They are justified, sanctified and sealed with the Holy Spirit for all eternity. However, believers can lose fellowship with God, joy, power, testimony and rewards because of sin. (John 10:27-29, 2 Timothy 1:12, Philippians 1:6).
- BODILY RESURRECTION - There will be the bodily resurrection of the saved and unsaved. The saved unto eternal life and the lost unto eternal and conscious judgment (John 6:39, Romans 8:10-11 and 8:19-23, Revelation 20:13-15).